Sunday, 13 July 2008

where we headed

I cant seem to get my head over it and it seems none of us are thinking about it anymore or we are just ignoring it but its there and we seem not to be concerned about it but let us be honest which one of us is going to call 2face to come and play on our wedding day.
I love the new nigerian music like anybody else and the direction that its going and all i mean who does not like 2face,9ice,ruggedman,sasha,and the rest of them but then where are the new juju,apala and other traditional nigerian musicians? I remember as a young man in those days when u go to a partythe order of the day was to get out the new Sunny Ade or Obey and your Kollinton and the rest of them yes i know they were innovators and they created vibes that we girated to but today all we hear is hip-hop in new and different variations of it but where is the reall naija gbedu where are the new Sunny and Obey and abeg if i want gospel i will go to church but on your wedding day do you really want to be girating to the sounds of p-square,rooftop Mcs,infinity,styl plus would you not prefer Shina peters,Segun adewale,YK Ajao i mean where are they now?
where is the real nigerian music? i know fuji is still out there but if you are like me or like most people i know you want your juju music. I know some people who i grew up with who wanted sunny or obey to play on their wedding day and all but this guys are now what like in their sixties and would not get out of bed to play for young Gs like us no more so who is out there fo us to call. Hey maybe its because we are in the uk or in the states that we have not heard of them here but if we can hear of the hip-hop singing ones why cant we get the juju ones.
I would like to get married soon and when the time comes abeg shelf the hip-hop get me some juju music so i can shake my ass and watch my bride shake hers as well when we get to the room later we ca pull out the hip-hop.

2 comments:

Parakeet said...

Firrrssssssst...Nija boy I hear you. We need to breed new juju musicians and ibo musicians like Osadebe (may his soul rest in peace). But I think its cos we're in the UK and those kind of musicians dont have enough exposure and opportunities like the afro hip hop singers.

Saw your comment on my page, me asking if you were single was just a question. There's nothing to it. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Parakeet said...

Hey Naijaboy, its me again. I saw your post on my page so instead of putting everything out there in the open why dont you email me on bolyk4@yahoo.co.uk...sure that's better.

Have a nice one.